Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Drawing 1 - End of Course

My course work has now been submitted and I can reflect on the course. It has been really tough at times and I'm so relieved I managed to finish. Doing the course while working full time and having a baby maybe wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had! There were so many times I nearly gave up, getting time to work has caused a lot of stress but now I've finished and I'm proud

I have learnt so much on this course. I feel I have progressed more than the Painting I course and my artistic skills have improved more which is strange because I'm sure I spent more time working on the last course. The previous course had more theory in it though or at least that how I remember it. I have to say this blog has also  been a lifesaver, I much prefer this to writing up a log book and I've been able to write a paragraph or two during my lunch hour which is helpful. 

One of the things I can take away from this course is now I know how to compose a picture. I started out plonking the subject in the middle of the paper surrounded by white. Now I know I can draw in the background and know that it improves the drawing. I've also learnt that I have to be a bit braver and make changes and add things. I have this fear of ruining the drawing but each time I made the changes my tutor suggested the drawings were improved greatly. I suppose I just have to do this without my tutor now!

I would like to do more courses, but I'm going to leave it for a while and enjoy some family time just now. I know I'll get probably get itchy feet soon though!

2 comments:

Aips Global said...

This is really interesting blog on paint technology course, You are a very skilled blogger. I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks! Thank You!!!

Kappleto said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you found it interesting. I've now finished this course but hope to restart my OCA studies and complex a fine art degree soon. I have another blog https://getthepictureart.wordpress.com which I update more regularly (although it's been a while, I will be doing this soon). Thanks again!